What is TRG?
The Renaissance Group (TRG) is a national consortium of colleges, universities and a professional organization, with a major commitment to the preparation of educational professionals, and to the promotion of exemplary practices, partnerships and leadership that ensure high levels of teaching and learning for all of America’s schools.
TRG is guided by the following set of operating principles:
- Affirm the importance of the education of teachers as an all-campus responsibility
- A campus culture that values and models quality teaching
- Creation of partnerships with practicing professionals
- Extensive use of field experiences in diverse settings
- Adherence to high standards and accountability
- A focus on student learning
- Effective use of technology
- Development of teachers as creative and innovative leaders
Through its active commitment to these principles, TRG serves as a proactive force for the improvement and reform of education—locally, regionally and nationally.