TECSCU/TRG Joint Fall 2018 Conference
October 7-9, 2018
Join us in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina at the Charleston DoubleTree Hotel!
The Teacher Education Council of State Colleges and Universities (TECSCU) and The Renaissance Group (TRG) are once again collaborating to host our annual conference! The conference will be Oct. 7-9, 2018 in historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The theme of this year’s 2018 Fall Conference is “On the Frontline: Educator Preparation Impacting Workforce Development through Expanded & Focused Partnerships.”
Teacher Preparation Institutions are addressing opportunities and needs, defining excellence, developing and demonstrating successful innovative practices and programs, and expanding their knowledge and impact through collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships. The energized focus on workforce development can be seen in addressing the successful outcomes across the continuum of P-20 education, specialized training, and professional development across the career continuum.
Conference Registration and Hotel Registration
The links are below:
You Are Invited to Submit a Proposal (Proposal Due Date Extended until August 15, 2018!)
Your proposal must concern one or more of the following strands:
- Partnerships with P-20 Education – This strand includes sessions that focus on the need, processes, and successful partnerships that are occurring with P-12 Education, Community Colleges, and other IHE Institutions.
- Partnerships with Business and Corporations – Sessions within this strand will feature partnerships between educator preparation and stakeholders in business, corporations, and /or service providers.
- Partnerships with Researchers, Foundations, and Policy Makers – This strand focuses on the critical relationships between educator preparation leaders and researchers, foundations, and policy makers.
- Partnerships with Local and Regional Communities – Sessions within this strand will provide important information on partnerships, practices, and processes that are focused on and positively impacting specific demographic needs and opportunities pertinent to local and regional communities.
You will be asked to indicate which session format best fits your presentation. Please consider and choose one of the following options:
- Concurrent Session – Paper/Presentation – 45 minute, concurrent session that will be paired with another session presentation
- Panel – 1 hour session with panel members providing various viewpoints and/or experiences on a single topic
- Work Session – 1.5 hour session engaging presenters and audience on specific topic and focused outcome(s)
Proposal Deadline: Extended to no later than August 15, 2018