The Electronic Journal, Educational Renaissance, Vol 1, No 2 (2013) highlights the Fall 2012 Joint Conference of TECSCU and TRG
by: James Marshall, Patrick Newell and Paul Beare, Editors of Educational Renaissance
Vol 1, No 2 (2013) Issue of Educational Renaissance is dedicated to documenting the proceedings from the Fall 2012 Joint Conference of The Renaissance Group (TRG) and the Teacher Education Council of State Colleges and Universities (TECSCU) at the Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA, September 30 – October 2, 2012.
The conference, entitled “The Proof of Effective Partnerships: Educators Meeting the Challenges and Opportunities Of the 21st Century,” highlighted outstanding examples of innovative partnerships in teacher preparation. Here we present one article and the proceedings from five selected conference presentations, as well as the multimedia slides from five other selected sessions.
The issue begins with an article by Susan Tracz, Effectiveness of Teacher Education Programs: A Descriptive Aggregation of Supervisor Ratings of Teachers Trained by The Renaissance Group (TRG) and the Teacher Education Council of State Colleges and Universities (TECSCU) Institutions. In the article, Dr. Tracz synthesizes data on employer’s ratings of teachers trained in fourteen TRG and TECSCU institutions.
The article by Dr. Susan Tracz, Conference Proceedings and the Editors’ Welcome can be viewed by visiting this web link.
The following multimedia presentations were also submitted for inclusion in Vol 1, No 2 (2013) Issue of Educational Renaissance:
- Transition to Common Core: Reinventing Collaboration by Virginia (Ginny) Boris
- Three Models of Collaboration for Emporia State University by Kenneth A. Weaver and J. Phillip Bennett
- The BEST Program: Butler/Emporia Students to Teachers by Kenneth A. Weaver and J. Phillip Bennett
- Teaching 2030: Leveraging Teacher Prep 2.0 by Barnett Berry, Center for Teaching Quality
- Hayward Promise Neighborhood: A Transformational Partnership by Carolyn Nelson
Conference Information and Downloads
September 29 – October 2, 2012
Theme: The Proof of Effective Partnerships: Educators Meeting the Challenges and Opportunities of the 21st Century